Thursday, May 29, 2008

As the days go by ...


Official business: I repeat: It's not looking good for an interview, but I expected as much. I set myself a deadline of June 1 for the piece and it's now May 29.
Risky business: David Byrne has quite the interesting website. One entry, in particular, caught my attention. I hear he's been daisy-chaining huge structures together, turning them into musical instruments (somewhat like Neil Young did in the 70s at his California Ranch in the Redwoods, only there he turned a barn into a left speaker, and his house into a right and proceeded to row into the middle of a lake and press play).
This experiment, however, sounds fun. The guy (a Scottish ex-Pat who dropped out of two art schools on the east coast) has way too many effects pedals, which is a nice problem to have. So, he's putting them to use in a "mandatory art exhibit." If you're wondering what the MM connection is here, Isaac is a big fan. Even stole the idea for this MTV spot from this intro made by Byrne from Stop Making Sense.
Another observation: Why would MM put up Fly Trapped In A Jar on their Sony site. That song, of all in their recent catalog, is pretty inadequate in my opinion.

No comments: